I completely took last week off from blogging, and well pretty much anything that wasn't essential. Vegas was a blast but I came back exhausted and extremely behind at work and home. I had a fantastic time in Vegas. I had not been to Vegas in a long time. The Strip has changed so much! Being able to drink/gamble/club made for a different trip as well
My Las Vegas Top 10
1. Cirque Du Soleil- Mystere @ Treasure Island: This show has been on my bucket list for a long time. I was almost afraid I had built it up too much in my mind! Mystere was fantastic. I literally could not stop saying 'wow'. The BF even ended up enjoying it.
2. Lavo @ The Palazzo: My favorite club of the three we went to! Lavo is located inside the Palazzo. Of course the decor was to die for but what I liked best was that you could smoke inside (most places are ok with cigarettes but not cigars, in Lavo cigars are allowed!), the line to get a drink wasn't too long, the drinks were moderately priced for Vegas, there were places to sit even if you didn't pay for table/bottle service, and the crowd was pretty chill. The best part for me was the music. Call me crazy but I hate the EDM trend that is big in Vegas. It is just not booty bumping music!! Lavo got huge points from me for playing hip-hop, a little old school, and top-40. Loved it.
3. Encore Wynn: Our hotel was amazing. I've stayed in some nice hotels but this was one of the best. The room was top quality and the bed to die for. Room service was delicious and the staff were very thoughtful. The spa was out of this world (I didn't use it but you walked by to get the pool). The hotel's decor is very bright, very gold, and heavy on the butterfly accents! Mariah Carey would be right at home. I really liked how open and light it was. The darker casinos can get a little depressing. The casino floor is joined between Wynn and Encore so really it's like having two sets of casinos/restaurants/amenities for the price of one.
4. Bacchanal Buffet @ Caesar's Palace: We had three buffets. We tried the buffets at the Wynn, the Bellagio, and Caesar's Palace. Bacchanal was our favorite. Between the buffets, room service, eating out, deserts, etc. I gained like four pounds. But it was worth it. Bacchanal had everything and the quality was excellent. I literally had breakfast, then Asian food, then Italian, then Mexican, a little American for good measure, and desert to top it off. None of the breakfast food beat the custom made omelet at the Wynn though! I would kill for one right now.
5. Titanic Exhibit @ Luxor: I'm a nerd at heart. I love history. I've always been interested in the Titanic. So of course I had to see this. Not only do they have all sorts of artifacts from the wreck, they also recreated parts of the ship such as the grand staircase. Very cool.
6. Sinatra's @ Encore Wynn: Italian food and Sinatra music? Count me in. This restaurant was very pricy but it was worth it. Personally I would have been happy to just chow down on an enormous plate of the polenta fries which we got as an appetizer. My pasta was delicious as well.
7. Tryst @ Wynn: One of three nightclubs in the Wynn/Encore. I could be a little biased because the BF's company picked up the tab for table/bottle service but this club was a ton of fun. A little heavy on the EDM but it was the more dance-able type, not too techno. The club is part inside and part outside. It looks out onto a really pretty water feature. The one downside was that they have the speakers out on the floor right where you dance. I swear my hearing has not quite recovered! They get bonus points for being okay with barefoot table/ledge top dancing. Anytime I can dance barefoot I'm in heaven.
8. Butterfly Garden @ The Bellagio: If it weren't for the tourists with cameras you might forget you're in Vegas. The Bellagio changes out their gardens four times a year and they really go above and beyond. There's a butterfly house in the middle of the conservatory that houses hundreds of beautiful butterflies. Best part? It's free (and a nice break from the casino vibe).
9. Premium Outlets North: Las Vegas is home to two premium outlets. Check the website before you go but I found that the North had more stores that I was into. Shopping with the BF made for a quick trip here! Guys and shopping do not mix. I ended up getting a necklace at J Crew and my first pair of Tory Burch flats. Possibly my favorite quote ever came from the BF, "What's the name of that store you wanted to go to? Story Pine? Something tree?"
10. Walking the Strip, wondering in and out of all the casinos: I really enjoyed just walking around and checking out the different casinos. I would have enjoyed it even more if I had started the day off with flats. After my blisters got blisters I broke down and bought a ridiculously overpriced pair of flip-flops at Treasure Island. Live and learn. If you've never been to Vegas, this is a good place to get started. There are tons of free shows and things to see. Treasure Island does a pirate themed show, there are the fountains at Bellagio, Caesar's Palace does a free show, and the Mirage had their little 'volcano'. Lots to see without spending a cent!
PS- Found this cool site for easily saving pics straight from your Instagram. No registration needed. It's http://copygr.am/laurennicholle3/ (except you obviously want to replace my username with yours!). Easy as pie!